Things Remembered - Now Hiring
Things Remembered is now hiring for a Seasonal Sales Associate
In Store Opportunities
Seasonal Sales Associate
Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Has previous retail or customer service experience, preferably in a selling environment.
- *Demonstrates success in selling. Uses selling techniques such as add-on sales and describing engraving information to customers to enhance salesmanship and reach store and individual sales goals. This requires constant standing and walking to work with customers and show them merchandise.
- *Is proficient in the basic skills of store operations: engraving; performance of all register transactions; and equipment maintenance. This requires constant standing at the register and equipment as well as occasional squatting and kneeling.
- *Participate in store activities of stocking, processing incoming and outgoing merchandise shipments.
- This requires constant standing and walking, occasional squatting and kneeling, frequently lifting & carrying up to 10 lbs and occasionally 11-30 lbs as well as frequently climbing a 3-foot ladder working with arms overhead and occasionally using a 3-10-foot ladder to work with arms overhead.
- Understands basic retail concepts: selling, visual merchandising, and loss prevention
- Understands the importance of and is motivated by achieving sales goals and continually strives to increase sales
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate verbally in a clear, audible, and grammatically correct manner
- Ability to listen/read and accurately transcribe and verify customer message specifications onto engraved merchandise.
- Relates to all customer segments and creates a good first impression
- Manages multiple tasks and time effectively
- Works as part of a team
- Maintains a high energy level
- Identifies the specific needs of the customer and suggests appropriate gift items.
- Accepts suggestions and criticism in a positive manner and acts on them appropriately
- Understands importance of teamwork in the store
- Displays pride, self-confidence and a positive attitude
- Is an active learner who takes responsibility for personal development
- Has a strong work ethic and sense of personal responsibility
- Is goal-oriented
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Displays flexibility to work a varied schedule to meet store needs
Message sent successfully...